Get the most out of your Candles:
Trim your Cotton Wick to ¼” or 6 millimeters prior to each lighting for a clean, smoke free burn. Do not let the cotton wick curl or mushroom as it will smoke and burn unevenly.
Trim your Wooden Wick to ¼“ or 6 millimeters. If wooden wick is too short it may dim, extinguish or not light at all. Light the wooden wick across the top of the wick and not on one end. If difficulty lighting the wooden wick, gently blow out the candle and let it cool before trimming the wick by clearing off the top layer of the wick.
Burn until the pool of melted wax reaches the edges of the candle jar to prevent tunneling. This may take 1-2 hours.
Blow the candle out after 3-4 hour intervals to ensure the candle does not overheat.
The bottom of each candle will include instructions on how to safely burn your CocoWix® candle.
Consider purchasing a Wick Trimmer from CocoWix®.
- Do burn candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Do keep your candle burning in sight and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do keep candles away from drafts, fans, currents, and breezes.
- Do keep in a well-ventilated room.
- Do keep wax pool clean from debris and wick trimmings.
- Do extinguish your candle if flame’s burns too high or smokes.
- Do extinguish your candles with a gentle blow or candle snuffer.
- Do Love and Enjoy your CocoWix Candles!
- Don't move a burning candle.
- Do not burn your candle longer than 4 hours to prevent overheating.
- Don’t burn your candle near anything that it can catch fire.
- Don’t burn your candle in unattended areas.
- Don’t use candle as a nightlight.
- Don’t leave CocoWix Candles in the hot sun.
- Don’t burn your candle after it has 1/4” of wax left in the vessel.